HENRICO COUNTY, VIRGINIA
Henrico County was formed in 1634. It was one of the eight original Shires. Goochland County was split off in 1728; and Chesterfield County was split off in 1749. Goochland Coounty later spawned Albemarle, Amherst, Nelson, Buckingham, Appomattox, Fluvanna, Cumberland and Powhatan Counties.
The original parish for Henrico County was Henrico Parish. It was later known as Varina Parish from 1680-1714. Many early parishes have included Henrico County within their territory. These include Bristol Parish 1643-1735, Varina Parish 1680-1714, King William Parish 1700-1749, Dale Parish 1735-1749 and St. James Parish 1720-1728.
Land Tax Records have not yet been added to this page.
Abstracts and Charts
Census Summary 1790-1850
Henrico Parish Registry
Personal Tax Digests Summary 1782-1795
Personal Tax Digests Summary 1796-1809
Personal Tax Digests Summary 1810-1823
Personal Tax Digests Summary 1824-1837
Personal Tax Digests Summary 1838-1850
Land Tax Digests Summary 1782-1795 - Not Yet Researched
Land Tax Digests Summary 1796-1809 - Not Yet Researched
Land Tax Digests Summary 1810-1823 - Not Yet Researched
Land Tax Digests Summary 1824-1837 - Not Yet Researched
Land Tax Digests Summary 1838-1850 - Not Yet Researched
Estate Index and Will Abstracts