Sally Vaughan married James L. Cooper. She was a daughter of Hiram
and Martha (Johnson) Vaughan members of pioneer families of Tennessee.
Most of her life was spent at the old Vaughan home on Riverside drive near
Shelby Park in East Nashville, where she was born 1861. She later lived on
the Cooper farm adjoining. The old Vaughan place is now (1941) known
as the Dr. R. E. Fort home.
After Sally's marriage to Mr. Cooper she remained near her birth
and later moved into the old home of her parents. Her husband engaged
in extensive raising of Jersey cattle until his death about 1922 or 1923.
She was an active member of the Hobson's Chapel Methodist Church on
Eastland Avenue in Nashville. She graduated from Ward's Seminary.
Mr. and Mrs. Cooper had:
1. A daughter who married Norman Frost and resided in Nashville.
2. Vaugh [sic mg] W. a Colonel in the United States Army.
3. Edwin W., a civil engineer of Nashville.
4. W. P. an attorney in Nashville.
Mrs. Cooper had a brother Frank N. Vaughan who removed to
Louisville several years ago.
(For Vaughan family in Virginia and Middle Tennessee, see Vaughan
Family history, manuscript, by Edythe Whitley).
BACK to the VAUGHAN VAUGHN RESOURCE Page
BACK to Mary Gregg's Index