Submitted by Lisa Austin
Note from Lisa: I have a copy of David Vaughan's will that was recorded in
Lunenburg County Court on October 10, 1825. I also have a book, "A Treasury
of Kith and Kin, that was written by my Grandfather's cousin, Wilma Chunn.
Note from Linda: Mary Gregg has done some wonderful research on this line
Mary's research is located at http://www.vaughan-vaughn.org/1750davd.htm
David Vaughan's will listed seven children-
1. James Vaughan, b-Feb.10, 1781 in Mecklenburg Co., VA and d-May
8,1869 near Ozark, Christian Co., MO. He married Nancy Hatchett on
2. Mary Vaughan, b-abt 1782. She married Benjamin Perkins
3. Robert Vaughan, b-abt 1785.
4. Willis Vaughan, b-Feb.14, 1788.
5. Balam Vaughan, b-abt 1790
6. Pleasant Vaughan, b-abt 1793
7. Elizabeth Vaughan, b-abt 1797
James Vaughan and Nancy Hatchett had 13 children.
1. Parks Jefferson, b-Jan.14, 1807
2. Catherine Anderson, b-Jan.21, 1809
3. Robert Jordan, b-Oct.21, 1810
4. Paulina Allen, b-Mar.29, 1812
5. Thomas Hatchett, b-Jan.8, 1814
6. Harriet A., b-Aug.16, 1815
7. Elizabeth Jane, b-Dec.14, 1817
8. James J., b-Jan.13, 1820
9. William Hatchett, b-Jan.17, 1822
10. David Ashley, b-Mar.16, 1824 in Rutherford Co., TN. d-Nov,25, 1888
in Shelbyville, Bedford Co., TN. He married America Clementine Smith (I love her first name) on Dec.18, 1860.
11. Julia B., b-Sep.28, 1826
12. Mary P., b-Nov.9, 1828
13. Granville Howard, b-Feb.25, 1831
James' first wife, Nancy, died on October 25, 1856. On November 12,
1857, James Vaughan married Elizabeth Davis as his second wife. They had three children:
14. Henry Clay, b-Sep.12, 1858
15. Richard, b-Jan.4, 1861
16. Joseph Farrier, b-Sep.29, 1863
"The above Vaughan family record was taken from the James Vaughan
family Bible. Wilma wrote, "James Vaughan was evidently a man of
great courageand stamina. At 61 years, he moved his family 600 miles
to Missouri to start a new life on a new frontier. At 76 years, he remarried and started a second family."
Any questions, suggestions,corrections, and/or additional information, contact me, Linda CONAWAY Welden at:
BACK to the Vaughan Vaughn Three Generations Page
BACK to the Vaughan Vaughn RESOURCE Page