Henry and Jael (Jones) Vaughan migrated from VA
Co. KY in 1844 and then to Schuyler Co., IL in 1854. Henry
died in Schuyler Co. on June 11, 1877 and his wife, Jael, died
in Schuyler Co. on July 12, 1868.
Henry and Jael Vaughan had 10 children
4 of their children died in infancy
5. Robert removed to Okla
6. William removed to Lemoine Twp. McDonough Co. IL
7. Elizabeth married
2. Samuel Stover
8. Silas B. married Mary A. Orr
native of Ireland d/o Joseph
9. Susan A. married James T.
Broadhead and removed to
Lemoine Twp. McDonough Co. IL
10. Christofer C. who removed to Omaha
whose wherabouts had not been known for 40 years
at the time of printing.
Silas B. and Mary A. (Orr) Vaughan had 4 children.
1. child died in infancy
2. Iona - born July 18, 1870
m.1. Jessie Lawler
2. Mary Dean
3. Otho - born Sept 30,1872 died May 4,1873
4. Ida - born March 31, 1874
These Vaughans were from an Old Virginia Family and the original
Vaughans were Welshman. The Jones family were Irish and German,
as stated in this History.
BACK to the Vaughan Vaughn Biography Index
BACK to the Vaughan Vaughn RESOURCE Page