One child of ABSALOM VAUGHAN was:
2. i. HARTWELL VAUGHAN, b. Dinwiddie County,
Virginia; d. 1865.
Generation No. 2
2. HARTWELL VAUGHAN, son of Absalom, was born in
Dinwiddie County, Virginia, and died in 1865.
He married NANCY TUCKER. Hartwell Vaughn moved to
Marshall County, Mississippi, in 1845, but it was not stated
that he lived there the rest of his life, so it is possible that he
One child of HARTWELL VAUGHAN and NANCY TUCKER
3. i. JOSEPH VAUGHAN, b. 1828, Dinwiddie Co., Virginia.
Generation No. 3
3. JOSEPH VAUGHAN, son of Hartwell, was born in 1828 in
Dinwiddie County, Virginia. He moved to Drew County,
Arkansas, in 1847 and to Conway County, Arkansas, in 1858.
He was a U. S. Civil War soldier; he served in Company B,1st
Arkansas Infantry in 1862 and in Company H, 11th Missouri
Cavalry in 1863.
(1) ca 1847 in Drew Co., Arkansas, EMILINE SHEWMAKE,
daughter of ANDREW SHEWMAKE and ELIZABETH --------.
(2) in 1865, MARTHA CARPENTER. (This article doesn't say which wife
was the mother of which children. Mary Gregg)
Children of JOSEPH VAUGHAN
i. BENJAMIN VAUGHAN.
ii. REBECCA VAUGHAN,
iii. WILLIAM VAUGHAN.
iv. JOSEPH VAUGHAN.
v. CHARITY VAUGHAN.
BACK to the VAUGHAN VAUGHN RESOURCE Page
BACK to Mary Gregg's Personal Files